Fire Projects provides complete Fire Suppression system services, including sales, installation, inspection, recharge, testing, and more. Fire Projects provide the inspection and maintenance schedule to keep your system in compliance, as well as keep accurate inspection and maintenance records that are required by officials. We provide immediate response to fire suppression system discharges, whether accidental or from a fire, to get your system back into service as quickly as possible.
Fire Suppression services include:
- Testing and cleaning all detectors
- Verifying shutdown and evacuation circuits
- Verifying cylinder pressures and weights
- Checking for changes in hazard integrity
- Checking input and output circuit supervision
- Simulating system discharge and testing releasing circuits
- Visually inspecting agent piping and nozzles
- Checking hydro test dates for cylinders and discharge hoses
Cylinder/valve assemblies must be handled, installed, inspected and serviced only by qualified and trained personnel in accordance with the instructions contained in this manual, the cylinder nameplate, NFPA-2001, and any other regulations and codes that may apply. Before performing maintenance or refilling procedures refer to the material safety data sheets in the appendix at the back of this manual.
A regular program of systematic maintenance must be established for continuous, proper operation of all FM-200, NOVEC 1230 and INERT units, and to avoid violating the warranty. A periodic maintenance schedule must be followed and an inspection log maintained for ready reference. As a minimum, the log must record:
- Inspection interval
- Inspection procedure performed
- Maintenance performed
Periodic Service and Maintenance:
Monthly (Visually inspect unit components):
- Make a general visual inspection of the Fire Suppression cylinder and equipment for damaged or missing parts.
- Ensure access to hazard areas, discharge nozzles, and cylinders are unobstructed and that there are not obstructions to the operation of the equipment or distribution of Fire Suppression System.
- Inspect detection tubing in hazard area for abrasion, distortion, cuts, or dirt accumulation, and that there are no obstructions preventing tubing from sensing a fire should one occur.
- Inspect Fire Suppression system cylinder pressure gauge. If pressure gauge is not normal (150 psig at 70oF) contact Fire Projects service company to inspect and Refill or replace if necessary.
- Verify that there have been no changes in the size of the enclosure and that no new ventilation has been added.
- Check Fire Suppression cylinder for weight and pressure.
- Remove cylinder from the installation as follows:
- Close ball valve, by turning ball valve lever clockwise to the “OFF” position.
- Disconnect detector tubing at the ball valve. Note: There will be a loss of nitrogen pressure out of the tubing.
- Disconnect copper tubing and fittings from the cylinder valve discharge ports(s).
- Immediately install safety plugs(s) into the valve discharge port(s).
- Remove cylinder from bracket
- Weight cylinder. Compare measured weight with weight found on the cylinder nameplate. If the container shows a loss in agent quantity of more than 5 percent, or a loss in pressure (adjusted for temperature) of more than 10 percent, the cylinder shall be refilled or replaced.
- Remove nozzle(s) and inspect for obstructions. Reinstall nozzles.
- Reinstall cylinder and re-pressurize detector tubing with nitrogen.
Five Year Inspection:
Fire Suppression cylinders continuously in service without discharging shall be given a complete external visual inspection in place, every 5 years or more frequently if required.
Fire Suppression Recharge:
Do you need Fire Suppression recharge? We offer Fire Suppression recharge services to ensure that your infrastructure is kept safe from fires at all times. If your fire suppression system has recently discharged and you need Fire Suppression recharge service, contact Fire Projects today!
Schedule your Fire Suppression system services—fill out the form to the right or call +91 9409535460.